Snowmobilers Code of Ethics
1. I will respect the
rights of all winter recreationists to enjoy the beauty of the winter
wonderland. I will respect public and private property.
will park considerately, taking no more space than needed, without
blocking other vehicles and without impeding access to trails.
I will keep to the right when meeting another winter recreationist. I
will yield the right-of-way to traffic moving downhill.
4. I will slow down and use caution when approaching or overtaking another.
5. I will respect designated areas, trail use signs, and established ski tracks.
6. When stopping, I will not block the trail.
7. I will not disturb wildlife. I will avoid areas posted for the protection of feeding wildlife.
8. I will pack out everything that I packed in and will not litter.
I realize that my destination objective and travel speed should be
determined by my equipment, ability, the terrain, weather, and the
traffic on the trail. In case of emergency, I will volunteer
10. I will not interfere with or harass others. I recognize that people judge all snowmobilers by my individual actions.